Understanding Bookkeeping Training
Transforming finance training
Understanding Bookkeeping Training .
A highly practical case study driven training course designed to ensure you understand bookkeeping and how accounting works. Even though accounting software such as SAGE, Quickbooks, Oracle and SAP do a lot of the “heavy lifting” there is still a need to be able to understand the debits and credits and see what is happening “under the hood”.
Who should attend this Bookkeeping Course?
For a manager in an operational role – to understand finance you don’t actually need to know anything about bookkeeping. However, some people find themselves in roles where they actually need to roll their sleeves up and obtain a better understanding of accounting and accounting processes which is when it is helpful to obtain formal bookkeeping training.
Understanding Bookkeeping training is recommended if you work in a finance related role but have no interest in pursuing a qualification, or you may be considering a more formal qualification and want to dip your toe in the water. We often find that finance graduates go on this course prior to their formal qualification.
Bookkeeping – Learning Outcomes
- Identify the main components of a set of financial statements
- Understand the accounting system (debits (dr) and credits (cr))
- Prepare accounts from the accounting records via a trial balance
- Understand the commonly used reconciliations
- Understand how to account for common areas, such as accruals and prepayments
- Practical case study examples
Note: This course is part of the catalogue of courses we can offer within our Finance For Non Finance Managers (FFNFM) Training.